Lil’ Buzz Lightyear
Fun Facts: Did you know that Buzz Lightyear’s name was inspired by Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin; the second person to walk on the Moon?
Thank you so much for all the love and enthusiasm that you have given to this little space ranger. Look at that little smirk on his face! He sure looks please to meet so many new friends. :)
We all remember Buzz Lightyear as Andy’s Toy from the Disney Pixel Movie, Toy story. Along side with Woody (his cowboy pal), this space ranger is also the co-leader of Andy’s room. Toy Story is one of my all time favourite cartoons. I can never forget how this movie made me laughed and cried so much with all the funny and touching moments that these toys have been through.
Buzz Lightyear is always known as a tough guy, I wanted to challenge myself and try to turn this macho space ranger into a cute amigurumi plush toy. Do you think I’ve succeeded?
Do not be deceived by his cute appearance, Lil’ Buzz Lightyear will save the universe from Evil Emperor Zurg with his laser blast! Haha.
Many of you have commented that you are very excited and interested to crochet Lil’ Buzz. I thought I’ll show you some of my work in progress pictures and bring you through my working process so it will be easier when you make your own Lil’ Buzz Lightyear.
The head is probably the hardest part in this entire project. This is my first time working with 2 colours in a row and it was a struggle to keep the colour change neat and in line to the next. I eventually made my way to the very bottom of the head by using the normal colour change method. But it was quite a mess as there were many yarn left hanging inside the head.
Do you have any suggestions on how to do such colour change? I would love to know an easier and neater way to do so. :)
Here is a picture of the front and back view of Lil’ Buzz’s head and body. If we want to make an amigurumi cute, an easy way is to play with their head and body proportions. I’ve noticed we’ll never go wrong if we crochet our amigurumi with a big head and small body.
Looking at the original cartoon, there are many little details on Buzz’s body which are very difficult to crochet. I only picked out the major colours which are green, white and black.
These are Lil’ Buzz’s tiny arms and feet.
And here are some pictures of how I made his wing.
And his ears and cut out felt eyes.
To complete his look, I’ve added some buttons made from tapestry threads and felt.
Tadaa! Lil’ Buzz Lightyear is complete.
He is ready to use his newly made wing to fly to infinity and beyond…
Blasting off… Be safe Lil’ Buzz!
I’m in the middle of writing up Lil’ Buzz Lightyear’s Crochet Pattern. I’ll try my best to get it up on my blog as soon as possible. Thank you so much for taking time to read the making of our Lil’ Buzz.
Crochet with Love, Rachel H
(Follow LYF Facebook Page for more updates)
42 Notes/ Hide
- whosgonnarockyou likes this
- spazzandsneaker likes this
- iukonmeou reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- naufalal reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- naufalal likes this
- trisarahtops013 reblogged this from crochetdork
- vegantrekkie likes this
- juliekeyworth likes this
- donttrythisathome-seriously reblogged this from knit-me-a-blanket
- theknittyditty reblogged this from knit-me-a-blanket
- theknittyditty likes this
- knit-me-a-blanket reblogged this from we-love-crocheting
- allaboutami likes this
- littlebookish likes this
- ashdawnn likes this
- langiinspirations likes this
- jennionenote reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- shinycrochet likes this
- crochetdork reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- speckleyboo likes this
- policorazon likes this
- mini-mermaids13 reblogged this from littleyarnfriends and added:
- jennionenote likes this
- barfingunicorn likes this
- pandalovesami likes this
- tigerrawrlover likes this
- tigerrawrlover reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- bluemike63 likes this
- amigurumipatterns said: Do you cut the yarn at every color change? i just keep it hanging and pick it up when i need it again, that way you don’t have so many yarn ends on the inside. Also, when i change color, i make the first stitch in the new color a slip stitch.
- sarcoramphus likes this
- crazypandafreak likes this
- highwaters likes this
- nicedendennis likes this
- daniinad8 reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- jazzbruno likes this
- writereadbreathe-x reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- inannascabin likes this
- somethingaboutyourface likes this
- bubsdoodles answered: This is adorable!! AAAH
- bubsdoodles likes this
- lilwhee likes this
- we-love-crocheting reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- littleyarnfriends posted this