Crochet Tips: The Ultimate Finish-Off (F/O)
Are you bothered by the ugly Finish-Off on your cute little amigurumis? Do you face problems making a neat Finish-Off or Fasten-Off? Big thanks to June Gilbank of PlanetJune for inventing this amazing technique. Now we can say good bye to ugly finish-off/fasten-off. This tutorial will be beneficial to those who love making amigurumis and who are particular about completing each project nicely and neatly. Ever since I knew about this cool technique, I’ve been using this on all my amigurumi creations that require to close up the remaining hole (usually at the bottom part of the amigurumi).
The picture above shows my Lil’ Classic Teddy’s body and I’m done with the final round of 6 decreases.
- With 6 single crochet remaining, cut the yarn and leave a long end.
- Insert a yarn needle onto the long end.
- Using your yarn needle, weave in only on the outer loops of the remaining 6 single crochets.
- Weave in from out to in. (PlanetJune’s tutorial does the opposite direction- From the centre of hole to the outside, but both ways works perfectly the same.)
- As you are weaving, do not pull the yarn too tightly.
- After weaving the yarn needle through all 6 single crochets, pull the yarn tight to close up the hole, as seen in the pictures above. Wow! See how the hole just amazingly disappeared.
- Next, insert the yarn needle through the middle of your work and pull out the yarn from another random end.
- Tie a knot and insert the yarn needle back into the same place where the yarn came out from.
- Lastly, pull the yarn out from another end and cut off the left over yarn. You’ll notice the knot will be hidden inside your work.
You’ll get a nice and neat finish for your cute little amigurumi!
I hope you find this little tutorial useful. Click “Here" to read PlanetJune’s original tutorial on the ultimate-finish.
Love, Rachel H
(Follow LYF Facebook Page for more updates.)
69 Notes/ Hide
- ushiouji likes this
- ibelonginalaska likes this
- catphantom likes this
- skullcandy likes this
- nopony-ask-mclovin likes this
- jackiejacksinspirations likes this
- jackiejacksinspirations reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- nkiml likes this
- anavdl likes this
- cjfunkybunny likes this
- bleedingbruisedandbroken reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- mynameisarrakis likes this
- calmyourknits likes this
- numlockismynemesis reblogged this from riotprrl
- riotprrl reblogged this from hopehufflepuff
- stuffthatheatherwantstcrochet reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- sapphiresidhe likes this
- derangedbutterfly likes this
- zoe-saurusrex reblogged this from littleyarnfriends and added:
- kreativzeug reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- albinogerudo reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- colordesignlife likes this
- hyggestunder likes this
- mackensiemadeacraftblog reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- arrowflinger likes this
- purinpaca likes this
- starcatchercreations likes this
- bitternovembersoul likes this
- lilaan likes this
- cherylcalifornia likes this
- angeldemonluvs2 reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- perfectluhan likes this
- emel-deejay likes this
- bluebell23 likes this
- crochetcetera reblogged this from slothshark and added:
- bleedingbruisedandbroken likes this
- barfingunicorn reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- passionfyrecrafts likes this
- xragdollqueen reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- geezlouisemaddy reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- lifeaslogansmommy likes this
- spleenylewdster likes this
- bstommygun likes this
- sarahwhat likes this
- miiaauu likes this
- phd-in-bullshitology likes this
- phd-in-bullshitology reblogged this from littleyarnfriends
- riotprrl likes this
- hopehufflepuff reblogged this from we-love-crocheting
- albahacacrafts likes this